Monday, September 26, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait

Lindsey came by again today.  It' nice when she comes by because we can bounce ideas of each other; we also motivate each other (especially since she's still volunteering and working on arranging the future museum area).

The biggest issue I've discovered with this internship is waiting, and maybe that's an issue with museum in general.  You have an idea or need to get rid of some things (even organizing a dump run takes forever!) and you have to put it to the board and wait for the board to decide.  Well the board only meets once a month and they often can't decide on an issue in one meeting.  It can get frustrating because you know that you will not need thee old frames, or that these photos have nothing to do with the museum's mission, but no power to get rid of them.  So you learn how to work around it- design other projects that don't need the board's approval and keep bringing up the things that do.

I did get okays on my flyer so I'll be printing some of those off this week.  I don't know if I'll have time to get ALL the stickers done that I wanted to, so I might just get some basic ones made for Friday, we'll see.  The fall-time sickness (cold, sinus infections) have entered my house, hopefully that will not slow me down too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment