Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday

While Wednesdays are my long days (8:15-1:15), Thursdays are my short days.  I have class at 11, so I go in from about 8:15-10:15ish.  I'm still trying to find a system that works for me.                  
   I'm thinking I will focus on actually going through boxes on Mondays and Wednesdays, while I use my brief time on Thursdays to enter them into the inventory we have using Microsoft Excel.  It's kind of crazy how much time it takes to enter them in.  And I have realized that I'm too detailed in my descriptions of things for this stage in the game.  Oh well, it's going to have to get done sooner or later, and when I put in the details I feel better and I know that whoever takes over down the road will appreciate my work. 

       On a related note, I can't decide if having another intern at the same time is as helpful as I hoped.  She's sweet, but she has so many questions I feel like I'm using the time when we work together (Thursdays) answering her questions instead of getting anything done!  She has a LOT of questions.  Maybe they do things differently in China with their museums.  I should ask her next time I see her.

       Though I did get some pictures today to share with you!
This is where I spend most of my time right now going through boxes....
                                                                                          
And below are images of the stamp box we discovered on Wednesday.  I know it may not seem like much, but after a few hours of going through documents, finding an object is a nice surprise. I would still like to maybe try to get some more information about it, I'm sure there's a lot of information about this little guy out there, surely there's not too uncommon.



                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment