Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Library Day

I set up our display at the public library.  It didn't take long. so I worked on putting together some updates for the board meeting tonight, as I won't be able to make this one.  :-(  I actually have to go into work at Bath and Body Works instead. 

This is what I came up with:


Museum Update:
Have over 80 boxes completed, 36 more to go. 
Officially have an intern to take over in the spring: Scott Cheney, who will be working 18 hours a week.
We have some cases moved into their spaces.
There is a possibility that a marketing class at UW lead by Dr. David Hunt will be wanting to work with the depot in the coming semesters.
T-Shirts:
Need to make the decision whether to have the logo on the side or in the center:

And an example of the two color logo on a natural colored shirt:

I’ll get the total cost and request a check to give him by this weekend and he’ll have those done for us by the Open House.
Halloween:
Trick or Treating downtown went well, we underestimated the number of kids!  I think it would be a great event to take advantage of every year.  Especially if we were able to expand it into a “Haunted Depot” which could bring in some money.   Even though I’ll be leaving as an official intern the first part of December, I will be around and stopping back by as a volunteer, and if it is decided to do a haunted depot, I’ll be glad to take that project on next year.
Albany County Library Case:
I set up the library case today.  Whomever was in charge of setting up the Lego Land portion on the top shelf has not done their display yet.  I told the library that if they don’t come to set up by next week to let me know and I’ll do more.  J





I also brought some small stickers that were left over that Jay printed.  I gave some out to some kids at the library while I was setting up and left the rest in the library’s sticker basket that children get to choose from when they check out a book.  We’re getting our logo out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment